We are a multidisciplinary service which provides specialist assessment and support for people with respiratory disease, enabling patients to live at home, even when they are unwell and to help prevent them being admitted to hospital unnecessarily.
- Oxygen assessment at Hove Poly Clinic or in the patients home for both long term oxygen therapy and ambulatory oxygen requirements
- Nebuliser assessment for both long and short term use Pulmonary rehabilitation at Salvation Army, The Level, or home exercise programmes
- Specialist advice to other health care professionals Help for patients and carers to manage a respiratory disease and live life as fully as possible
- Rapid response visits for patients in an exacerbation. The service aims to visit within 4 hours
- Group education sessions to enable patients to self manage their condition
- Non-pharmacological anxiety management
The Home Oxygen Service (HOS) sits within the Community Respiratory Service.
Guidance for referring for or ordering Home Oxygen can be found here (this is for GPs and clinicians only).